I’m sure you know the struggle of trying to convert visitors into leads. It’s important to find ways to get your message in front of people, but many marketers are unsure where to start.
This is why a lead capture strategy is so important.
This blog post is for those who want tips on how they can convert more visitors into leads. There are a few simple things that you should be doing, and this article will show you what they are.
What is Lead Capture, and how does it work?
Lead capture is the process of turning website visitors into leads for your business. This means that you are essentially generating new potential customers for your product or service. Lead capture is also known as lead generation.
The main reason to do lead capture is to increase conversions on your site and boost sales. A good way to drive traffic to your website is to have a well-optimized site that will increase conversions. Lead capture allows you to have a more personal relationship with your customers and show potential new customers that they are appreciated.
Lead capture works by encouraging website visitors to give you their contact details in exchange for something of value, such as a free ebook or a special discount. Lead ads are another great example of lead capture at work. Lead capture is an excellent way to build your email list so you can have a personal relationship with potential customers while also increasing conversions on your website.
This can be done in a variety of ways. Here are just a few of the most popular examples of ways you can use lead capture:
- Landing pages – Landing pages encourage people to give their contact information in exchange for something, such as a free ebook or discounted price on your product.
- Email opt-in forms – Email opt-in forms allow people to subscribe to your email list so that they can stay up-to-date with any new blog posts on your website.
- Lead magnets – A lead magnet is an offer that people receive in exchange for signing up on your website. This can be an Ebook, a special discount offer, or any other type of content that will encourage visitors to give you their email address.
- Lead Generation Ads – Lead generation ads are advertisements you use on your website to generate new leads. Usually, they are targeted to the most relevant audience that is visiting your site. Lead ads are usually in the form of a banner or button that people can click on to sign up to your email list quickly and easily.
What should I include in my lead capture strategy?
To create a successful lead capture strategy, there are some things that you should keep in mind. A good lead capture strategy will include the following:
Lead Nurturing: Lead nurturing involves giving prospects attention and providing them with information that will motivate them to buy your product or service in the future.
For example, if somebody has downloaded your ebook, they may receive emails with articles on similar topics to learn more about the subject.
Lead Scoring: Lead scoring is the process of grading your leads so that you can prioritize sales opportunities and more effectively manage your sales team. Lead scoring allows you to determine which leads are more likely to buy so they get assigned a score, while any leads with a low score don’t get pushed forward in the buying cycle.
An example is if you have a lead scoring system, it will score leads based on how likely they are to buy your product. Leads with a high score get immediate attention from sales, and those with a lower score may need nurturing before a sale is made.
Lead Conversion: Lead conversion is a process of turning qualified leads into actual customers. For example, a lead may have been nurtured for a month by receiving an email with a special promotion. They click on the link and purchase your product. They are now considered a customer after lead capture.
The Benefits of Using Lead Capture Effectively
A lead capture strategy is important because it allows you to nurture leads and build a list of potential customers. The more quality leads you to have, the better your chances are of converting them into paying clients.
Integrating an effective lead capture strategy offers you some great benefits that you can take advantage of once you begin building your list. Here are a few benefits of using a lead capture strategy effectively:
- Reduce marketing costs over time – Lead capture allows marketers to reduce the money they spend on paid advertising campaigns. Since you will already be capturing leads organically, you won’t have to resort to expensive paid ads.
- Increase your brand’s visibility – Lead capture allows you to increase the number of people aware of your brand and products. Lead capture allows your brand to be exposed to a larger audience.
- Increase your revenue – Lead capture will allow you to earn enough revenue to make a significant profit. Lead capture allows you to turn more of your target market into paying customers, which will result in increased revenues.
- Increase conversion rates – By targeting people with content relevant to what they’re searching for, website visitors are more likely to convert into leads and then clients.
- Get access to customer info before making a sale – Getting contact information about prospects means that you don’t have to wait around hoping for them to buy. You can reach out to them first and start a relationship before attempting to make a sale.
- Experience consistent growth – With qualified leads, there are always new people showing up at your website ready to purchase. You don’t have to worry about wasting money by attracting unqualified website visitors who aren’t interested in what you’re selling. Instead, focus on the people most likely to buy and invest more time and money into creating an effective lead capture system for your business.
- A better understanding of your target market – By tracking information such as their interests and specific demographics, you’ll be able to better understand why they’re visiting your website and what they’re hoping to obtain. Lead capture allows you to act on this information by creating products that cater to their needs.
- Improve customer service – With contact information about your prospects, you can easily refer them back to services or products that they were asking about previously. You can also get in touch with them directly when you need to follow up on their order or ask questions regarding what they’d like from your company moving forward.
How to successfully use lead capture to convert visitors into leads?
Here are some suggestions on how you can successfully use lead capture to convert visitors into leads.
1) Offer informative content – Educating prospects about what your company is selling will make them feel more comfortable sharing their contact information with you. This allows you to reach out to the people most likely to buy from you.
2) Organize your lead capture form – The more organized your lead capture form is, the easier it will be for website visitors to fill it out. Ensure that all of your questions are relevant and ask for whatever information they need to process an order or start a relationship with you.
3) Don’t forget about mobile users – As more people browse the web via smartphones these days, make sure that your lead capture forms are mobile-friendly. If not, you’ll lose out on a lot of potential business.
4) Ask for an email address – While other contact information is important, asking for their email address will let you communicate with them directly and allow you to follow up more efficiently and easily. This makes it more likely that they’ll convert into a lead after browsing your website.
5) Track where visitors came from – By tracking which pages visitors land on before filling out your form, you can better understand how to target those people in the future. For example, suppose they landed on several pages before giving away their contact information. In that case, you know what content they’re interested in and should publish similar articles as often as possible.
6) Give visitors an incentive to give away their contact information – Offering something valuable in exchange for an email address or phone number is a great way to incentivize website visitors to convert into leads. This will make it more likely that they’ll share their contact information with you so that they can get their hands on those valuable resources as soon as possible.
7) Use A/B testing – By testing out different lead capture forms and pitches, you can find out which options encourage more website visitors to convert into leads. This allows you to tailor your lead capture system around the people most likely to buy from you, maximizing your conversions.
8) Track activity – Analytics is an important tool in the lead capture process. By tracking which pages visitors land on before filling out the form, you can better understand their behavior and use that knowledge to fine-tune your target market so that it includes more people who are actually interested in what you’re offering.
9) Make sure everything is well labeled – If your lead capture forms aren’t straightforward, then people may get confused when they try to fill one out or decide not to give you their contact information at all. This makes it harder for you to follow up with leads and could hurt your business in the long run.
10) Test landing pages – Having different options for landing pages will allow website visitors to explore different options before converting. By tracking which pages lead to more conversions, you can get a better idea of what kinds of landing pages work best for your company and which ones don’t.
11) Give new visitors a free sample – If you have a product that people can try out or sign up for a free newsletter, giving these things away for free will entice website visitors who weren’t ready to convert into leads just yet. This will let you build rapport with them and earn their trust so that they’ll eventually be more likely to purchase from you down the road.
When Capturing Leads, what are the most important things you need to consider?
Before Capturing Leads, these are the most important things that need to keep in mind:
First, make the forms as short as possible. No one wants to spend a long time filling out contact information when they could be browsing your website instead. By keeping the form only necessary fields, you’ll make leads more likely to convert.
Also, try to include options for subscribers or purchasers. If people are ready to become leads right away, then clearly label their options to easily figure out what each section is asking them. If not, let them know that they will be getting valuable content in exchange for their email address and/or phone number. This option allows your leads to choose what kind of relationship they want with you so that everyone wins.
You can also test lead capture pages. After all, it’s impossible to know which element is the most effective without testing it out. After all, one form might work better than another, or certain action verbs could encourage more people to convert than others.
Likewise, do not forget to share content frequently. If you don’t share any new posts for several weeks, people will stop visiting your website and eventually unsubscribe from email lists. By posting interesting new things regularly, you can keep existing contacts interested in what’s going on with your company so that they become leads when the time comes.
Another tip is to build trust. When someone lands on your site, they’re either curious about what you have to offer, or they were referred by somebody else. In either case, if they aren’t sure if they should give away their contact information, then they probably aren’t ready to convert into leads. This is where building trust comes in, convincing them that you’re trustworthy enough for them to enter their information on the lead capture form.
Meanwhile, it is a major mistake to make people hunt for your contact information. If you want more leads, then it’s important to include contact information like your company name, phone number, and email address right away so that there are no mistaken impressions about how someone will be able to get in touch with you.
You can also give away free things because everyone loves free stuff, especially if it’s relevant to what they were just looking at. By offering something of value as a reward for subscribing or filling out a lead capture form, you’ll have an increased chance of converting website visitors into leads.
In relation to that, don’t try to sell too hard. When someone lands on a lead capture page, marketers might have an impulse to try and convince prospects right away that their product is absolutely imperative. This comes off as being overly pushy and could cause visitors to sign up just out of irritation instead of actual interest or need.
Instead, why not use testimonials? If you have quotes from previous customers about their satisfaction with your product or service, you can include them on your lead capture page to persuade visitors who are on the fence about becoming leads.
Improve Conversion Rates with a Call-to-Action Button or Form
Call-to-Action Button or form is the key to a successful business. It is the essence of lead generation, which converts visitors to leads and establishes long-term customer relationships. It’s vital that one create an effective Call-to-Action as it will determine whether or not your lead capture gets as much response as you want.
Here are some tips for using this feature to improve your conversion rates:
- Use a specific and relevant Call-to-Action Button or Form. Make sure that visitors can see it right away once they land on your page.
- Do not place the same button below images of paid products on your lead capture page if you offer a free product sample. People will be inclined to click on the free option even if it only leads them through to another landing page where they have to sign up for more information before seeing any kind of “free” content.
- Make it really clear what people are signing up for when they click on your call-to-action buttons. Avoid using vague phrases like “submit” or “read more.” If people don’t know exactly what they’re getting themselves into, then conversion rates will almost certainly decline.
- Avoid asking for too much information with your lead capture forms. If you require excessive personal information, then there’s a greater chance that some visitors will leave without filling out the form because it seems like too much work.
- Have more than one option when it comes to subscribing via email on your Call-to-Action button or form. Providing multiple options makes signing up less of a hassle and reduces the likelihood of getting unwanted spam emails in an individual’s inbox after filling out the form correctly.
- Use at least two colors for text links on your Call-to-Action button or form. Contrasting link colors make these links easy to spot right away, and it adds visual interest to what could otherwise appear like a bland landing page.
Lead capture is an essential part of any online marketing strategy. Capturing leads will help you convert visitors into potential customers and increase your conversion rates, but there are a few things to keep in mind when capturing them.
You might want to consider making the form or call-to-action button more visually appealing with contrasting colors, including social proof like testimonials from happy clients, adding descriptive copy about the benefits of filling out your lead capture form (what’s in it for them), using urgency tactics such as limited time offers or deals that expire soon, etc.
These tips should give you some ideas on how to improve your conversion rates through the effective use of lead capture strategies.
We hope this blog post has given you some insight on how to increase your lead capture rates and drive sales. Lead capture is crucial for any business that wants to grow its customer base, but it also helps them build a more personal relationship with current customers.
If there are still questions about what lead capturing can do for your company, or if you want help implementing these tips into your marketing strategy, do not hesitate to reach out and find out how we can help you boost your lead conversion.