Marketers are always looking for new ways to increase their reach and generate more leads. Social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram, can be a great way to do this by providing targeted content that is engaging.
It’s essential to understand the demographics of each social media platform in order to make sure your content will resonate with them. For example, if you’re targeting moms on Pinterest, then it would be wise not to include any mentions of alcohol or other adult products.
Social media platforms also help marketers create buzz around new product launches by encouraging influencers to share posts about the launch with their followers. By strategically using these platforms marketing efforts can be made much more manageable.
What is a Social Media Platform?
A social media platform is an online platform targeted at engaging users in a conversation. It can consist of social networking sites, websites for user-generated content sites offering blogging services, sites where users can watch videos, review sites, groups, and online communities.
Social media platforms are very helpful for B2B marketing because it allows you to develop relationships with potential leads. Research shows that 41% of marketers find social media instrumental in lead generation. They’re also useful for B2C marketers because social media provides a way to interact with existing and potential customers.
For example, let’s say a brand shares a post on their social media platform, which can result in a large number of likes, comments, and shares. If the post is engaging enough, then a large number of their followers will see the post, and if they find it interesting, they might have a look at the company’s page. This means the advertisement has now reached beyond just those who follow the brand on social media.
Why should a business have a social media presence?
Having a social media presence is vital for businesses because they need to build and maintain relationships with customers.
There are multiple benefits of having a solid social media presence for businesses:
- It’s free! Social media platforms are available to people from all walks of life. The only cost involved is the time that it takes to develop content and share it on social media sites.
- Helps build trust with customers. If a company has a Facebook page, you’re more likely to trust them than if they don’t.
- Provides an opportunity to communicate instantly with customers. You can answer any questions or resolve issues that people might have right away. Also, if someone posts something negative about your business on social media, you’ll be able to address it immediately while it’s still fresh in their mind instead of weeks later when the person has already made their purchase.
- It gives you a chance to engage with customers on a more personal level. Consumers appreciate the opportunity to interact with businesses, and they’re likely to stay loyal if they feel valued.
- Leverage social media as a marketing tool by sharing relevant content that your customers will find engaging and helpful! Marketers always try to find new lead generation strategies, and social media can provide customers with content that they want.
- Make it easy for people to share your content on their personal networks. If you make great, engaging content, then other users will share it, which in turn gives you free advertising! That’s the power of sharing.
Here is the list of different social media platforms.
Mainstream Social Media Sites:
It is a popular social media platform that’s used the most often by marketers to engage with customers and prospects. It’s also a great way to gather consumer data which marketers can use to personalize their message when communicating with people via other channels such as email and direct mail.
Twitter is used more often than Facebook by businesses for sharing updates about what’s happening at the company because it requires you to write short, concise thoughts. For example, instead of writing an entire blog post about why your new product is fantastic, you can simply post a link to the blog on Twitter and let your followers read about it there.
Instagram is a photo-sharing app that businesses use to upload images of their products, people using their products, or provide visuals that complement written content that they share via other social media platforms.
Youtube is another popular social media platform that businesses use to engage with their customers. Companies can share product demonstrations, customer testimonials, tutorials, and other videos that help people learn more about the business or how they can benefit from purchasing a particular product.
Social Media Sites for B2B marketing:
Quora is a Q&A platform where people can ask questions about different topics. People with knowledge of specific subjects or industries can provide answers to any questions that people may have. Businesses can utilize this platform to answer questions that people may have about their products or industry in general in order to establish themselves as authority figures and build trust with potential customers.
It is a social media site where users upload, share and embed slideshows. Marketers use SlideShare to share infographics, training content, product demos, and other visuals that appeal to their target audiences.
Buzzfeed is a social news and entertainment company that businesses can use as a platform to share articles about their products or industry. Businesses that write helpful articles related to what they do will likely attract new customers.
LinkedIn is a business-oriented social media site that is popular with professionals. Businesses can use this platform to share articles and other content that targets their ideal customers or prospects.
Google+ is Google’s answer to Facebook and Twitter, but it’s mainly used by businesses as a way to connect with prospects, customers, and influencers. Companies can post updates on Google+ about their products or industry in order to get the word out there.
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard site where users can follow other users and “pin” images and videos to boards that they create based on different topics. People use Pinterest for inspiration when it comes to finding products to buy or for looking at photos of their favorite places on earth. Businesses can use Pinterest as a platform to post images of the products they sell, share pictures that accurately reflect what life would be like if you used their product, and more.
As you move down the list, your focus should shift from an external audience to internal employees.
How to Choose the Right Social Media Platform for Your Business?
There are ways on how to identify what social media platform to use depending on several factors.
The first thing you should consider is what platform your target audience uses the most. For example, if most of your customers and prospects use Facebook and Twitter, then you should invest time and effort in using those platforms.
Another thing to consider is what social media platform suits your business most. For example, if you’re a company that provides graphic design services, then investing time into creating an Instagram presence would be beneficial for your business.
It’s also important to consider what type of content you want to share. If you plan on sharing mainly images, then using Instagram would be the best option for your business. On the other hand, if you want to share primarily videos, then YouTube or Vimeo would be more suitable options.
Finally, it’s essential to consider where your customers are most active online. You should engage with customers on social media platforms where they spend most of their time.
Once you’ve identified which social media platform to use, the next step is to create a presence and start sharing content. It’s crucial that your company dedicates enough resources in order to make a significant impact through using different social media platforms.
Different Types of Content that You Can Share on Social Media Platforms
Social media platforms provide businesses with a variety of ways to get their content in front of an audience. Some common types of content that you can share on social media platforms include:
• Video content – these can include training videos, product demos, engaging interviews with company leaders, and more.
• Photo content – these can include engaging pictures of your products, behind-the-scenes views from the company headquarters, and more.
• Links to blog posts – sharing blog posts that are relevant to your business and industry lets you reach a wider audience.
• Status updates – these can include announcements, updates about your company, and more.
• Training content – sharing videos, tutorials, or other training materials provides your customers with valuable information that is relevant to the work they do.
• Business updates – sharing news about new hires in the company, essential milestones reached, and more lets your audience know what’s going on with the company.
• Product demos – offering product demos allows customers to see what they can expect if they purchase one of your products.
• Questions and answers – holding an online question and answer sessions are a great way to get input from your customers.
• Surveys – giving your customers the opportunity to share their opinions about different topics helps you gather valuable information.
It’s also important to note that the type of content you share should be tailored to each social media platform. For example, LinkedIn is used by professionals, so you should share professional content on that platform. However, if you’re not sharing content that reflects the audience, then it defeats the purpose of using that platform.
Tips on How to Be Successful In the World of Social Media Platform
Using social media platforms can be beneficial for your business, but not if you’re just starting out with nothing to offer. It’s important that you have a plan, track your progress, and show up consistently if you want to see results. Here are some tips on how to be successful in the world of social media platforms:
• Offer something – sharing blog posts and other types of content are fine, but not if you have nothing of value to offer. For example, if you want to share a blog post, then it should be your most recent one and preferably something that has never been published before. If you don’t have any such content, consider offering something else, such as an interview with the company’s leadership or video product demos.
• Plan ahead – social media platforms are an effective way to engage with your audience, but only if you have a plan. For example, if you’re going to use Facebook, then how are you going to increase engagement? Use Facebook Insights to track the progress of your efforts so that you know which strategies are working best for you.
• Show up consistently – if you don’t have a plan, then share content when you feel like it. A common mistake that many businesses make is to only post at the beginning of the month and then stop entirely after their initial effort. If you want people to pay attention to your efforts, then be consistent with posting new content on social media platforms.
• Customize – using social media platforms is a great way to engage with your customers, but you want to make sure that it matches the audience as much as possible. For example, if you’re selling products aimed at professionals, then share professional content on LinkedIn. However, sharing such content will backfire if they don’t align with your target audience.
• Be human – social media platforms are a great way to get in touch with your customers but don’t come across as being too robotic. Social media platforms provide an opportunity for you to show that you’re a real person and not just a company selling a product. For example, if your business is selling golf clubs, then include some of the joys of playing golf in your posts. This shows that you know what you’re talking about and makes them more likely to purchase from you as a result.
As you can see, there are many different types of social media platforms with a wide variety of purposes. It’s up to you to decide which one is right for your business and what kind of content will work best on it.
Whether you’re looking for an interactive platform or just need somewhere to post pictures, we’ve got the perfect solution for your needs! Contact us today so that our team can help find the ideal platform for both your company and its customers’ interests.