In the digital era, email marketing is a must-have for any marketer. It’s an easy way to stay in touch with customers and prospects while also providing many other benefits.
One such benefit is that email has been proven to be one of the most effective ways to boost ROI because it can generate high customer engagement and conversion rates. However, marketers often struggle with using email marketing tools to avoid losing potential customers or alienating existing ones.
So how do you know which email marketing tools are worth using?
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at how email marketing tools can help you optimize your email marketing campaign, why you should use them, and how to select one for your business.
What is email marketing?
Email Marketing is a way for businesses to stay in touch with their customers and prospects via email, increasing customer engagement, loyalty, and conversions.
Email marketing works when you generate suitable types of content and send it out to the right people at the right time. This is only possible when you have a tool that allows you to store and manage your contacts.
Email marketing is the practice of sending the right content at the right time to convert prospects into customers. It allows companies to build relationships with their existing customer base and also target potential ones.
It works through three stages:
1. List building – this is where you capture the email addresses of your customers and prospects that are interested in your company’s products or services, allowing you to keep them updated on what’s new. You can do this via sign-ups on your website, trade shows, contests, free trials, etc.
2. Inbox delivery – In this stage, your subscribers receive your messages. You want to ensure that the email gets delivered to the inbox and not sent directly to spam or promotions folders.
3. Engagement – you’ll need a tool that tracks engagement metrics so you can determine which emails work best for your audience and then tailor your future email campaigns accordingly.
Why you should use an email marketing tool
If you want to build relationships with your customers, hiring a full-time person or using complicated workflows is not the best approach.
Few businesses have the time and resources to send personalized email communications as often as they need to. For many companies, this isn’t going to be a high priority until it’s too late. Working in small teams or part-time can make it challenging to keep up with all customer requests coming in across various channels at different times.
Email marketing tools save you time by helping you automate repetitive tasks like email list segmentation, sending personalized emails, and tracking which emails are getting opened and clicked on.
This helps you to:
1) Write with a purpose – meaning you can focus on creating highly relevant content that will get opened and clicked on, rather than wasting time and resources sending out extraneous messages to the wrong people.
2) Overcome objections – research shows that 77% of people report unsubscribing to email lists because they don’t want to receive emails that aren’t relevant. With an effective email marketing tool, you can ensure that your emails are personalized and, therefore, more likely to get opened by recipients who want to hear from you.
3) Beat the competition – email marketing tools make it easy to send emails with a high level of personalization – something difficult for your competitors who might not have the resources or know-how to use these tools as effectively as you do.
4) Save money – Not only do email marketing tools save you time, but they help you save money too. By avoiding hiring a full-time or part-time employee to execute your email marketing campaigns for you, you’ll be able to prevent any additional salary expenses.
5) Grow your business – Email marketing tools allow you to reach out and build relationships with more of your target audience for less cost.
How to select an email marketing tool
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of using an email marketing tool, it’s time to choose one. The first step is to figure out which features matter most for your business needs. More sophisticated email marketing tools offer more functionality and typically include a more comprehensive range of devices, such as:
1) Personalization – personalized emails are more likely to be opened by the recipient and liked or shared with others via social media. A sophisticated email marketing tool can help you personalize everything from subject lines and sender names to individual links and images within each email message.
2) Tracking and reporting – Email tracking helps you measure opens, click-throughs, bounces, spam reports, link clicks, unsubscribe requests, and other valuable data related to your emails. Tracking reports are also beneficial for measuring the success of your email campaigns over time.
3) Social media integration – if you’re using social media to get new leads, then it makes sense to integrate your email marketing tool with social media so that these leads can easily be added to your sales funnel. This is especially useful when you have a limited advertising budget because you’ll be able to convert more of these free leads into paying customers by following up with them via email.
4) A/B testing – this feature helps marketers test out different subject lines, offers, images, and more to see which ones resonate most effectively with their target audience. By adapting your emails on the fly based on the A/B test results, you can optimize your campaign for even better open and click-through rates.
5) Workflow rules – In addition to helping you segment your email list into smaller groups, workflow rules allow you to automate more tasks related to your email marketing campaigns. For example, suppose a customer subscribes after clicking on a particular link within an email message. In that case, these workflow rules can automatically place him or her into a specific autoresponder sequence so that you can follow up with them effectively.
6) List building – A feature that’s useful for affiliate marketers is the ability to capture email addresses from people who opt-in on third-party websites such as landing pages and squeeze pages through an embedded form. This enables you to expand your reach beyond just using your custom audience to get more subscribers who will most likely be interested in your email marketing messages.
After assessing which features matter most for your email marketing needs, the next step is to simply compare a few of them based on pricing and user reviews. You may list down the different email marketing tools you’re looking at by features, such as what they do and who their target audience is.
In order to make the right choice, you need to figure out which tool provides all of the most important features that your business needs while also being a good value for your budget. While some email marketing platforms charge per user or per number of contacts, there are also business models that charge per email sent.
Go High Level as an Email Marketing Tool
Go High Level is an all-in-one marketing platform that combines email, social and search to help businesses grow. This platform allows marketers to automate their marketing efforts, manage their contacts, do marketing analytics and even track email opens. The entire platform has everything the team needs to effectively market the business together under one unified system.
This is an excellent example of an email marketing tool because it offers all of the features you’ll need to run an effective email marketing campaign. It makes sense for this platform to be the choice for any business because it’s all-in-one, which means no features are left out.
The email marketing tool is also very useful because of its easy-to-use interface. Some users have reported needing just 15 minutes to get through the webinar training and feel comfortable using the platform. This time investment is small considering the number of tools and features available for marketers to use.
Go High Level also has a low learning curve which means that less experienced customers can use the tool effectively as well.
Go High Level is built with small and medium businesses in mind – it’s affordable, easy to use. It provides all of the essential email marketing features that you will need to be successful. It’s a great value and is the choice for marketers who don’t want to break the bank when signing up for an email marketing platform.
Aside from being an efficient email marketing tool, it also contains other features such as social media marketing, SMS marketing, tracking and analytics, landing pages, and website pop-ups. There is a built-in CRM system that lets you organize your contacts into different lists or groups, depending on what information you have about them.
Go High Level is an all-in-one marketing platform that provides everything needed for effective email marketing campaigns while also being affordable and easy to use. It’s the perfect option for marketing looking for a solid, high-performance solution that reduces marketing overhead.
How to maximize the use of your email marketing tool
To get the most out of your email marketing tool, you’ll need to make sure you have a strong list of subscribers. To do this, you want to be collecting new email addresses from interested parties regularly.
There are many different ways through which people can subscribe to your email marketing service, and they don’t all require an opt-in form on the website itself. Affiliate marketing is an excellent way to get emails into your database because it’s easy for marketers with their websites or blogs to add links directing traffic back to the site where the sign-ups occur.
Another strategy for growing an active subscriber base is by offering incentives such as free ebook downloads in exchange for subscribing via email address. If you have the technical skills to encourage people to subscribe, you can set up a lead magnet landing page, either hosted on your site or off-site.
You can also create a lead magnet landing page with leadpages by choosing from one of their templates and then customizing it to fit your needs. You can even connect videos or webinars to your landing pages, so visitors can learn more about your products.
Be sure that you’re collecting emails through an opt-in process at every touchpoint possible. This includes website content, social media, email marketing campaigns, blog posts, and online advertisements. This is the first step in getting started with building your list. Be sure that everything everywhere has an easy way for users to subscribe to stay up-to-date via email on what’s going on in your business.
Another critical step is to segment that list into different groups or segments, depending on specific criteria like age, interests, location, or any other factors that you think are relevant.
Segmenting the list into smaller lists helps deliver more targeted content to each specific group of people, increasing their likelihood of engaging with you and buying from you down the line.
The final step is to design an effective email marketing campaign. This will vary greatly depending on what industry you’re in. Still, there are certain best practices that apply across the board, like having a call-to-action (CTA), keeping things short and simple, personalizing each message by using each subscriber’s name where possible (for instance, “Hey John, here’s that ebook that you requested”), and including relevant images or videos where necessary.
Having a quality email marketing tool can make all the difference in making connections with customers and creating loyal customers who are likely to come back time after time for more business.
If marketing isn’t done right on social media platforms or through other channels, there is no way of knowing if these people will genuinely be interested in your products and services. This makes having a great email marketing tool essential for businesses serious about growing their audience online. The more engaged people are with your email marketing, the more likely they will do business with you in the future.
Once everything is set up correctly, email is an incredibly powerful tool that can help grow a small company into something massive. Email marketing tools help businesses use this method to its fullest potential to succeed in today’s digital landscape.